Tuesday, September 11, 2007

Will they fire me if I call in sick today?

A clearly dreary morning
My head pounds from the drink.
I'm praying for a good excuse
To lie in bed and think

I'll be right for the 12th tomorrow
If I can just sleep through today.
The september sun is burning
Labors prospect brings dismay.

But i've got work to do
That if I skip i'll get the sack.
I need a miracle
To get the suits up off my back.

So please god, a distraction.
Something big enough to set
The bosses sights upon the distance
and my tardieness forget.

The tv hurts my bloodshot eyes
The morning news I see
It seems that god granted my wish
This day belongs to me.

So thank you Eris goddess of discord
I see i'm truly blessed
I think of you as I close my eyes
And enjoy my hard earned rest.



created at TagCrowd.com



(Thanx to Zacius)

2 comments:

slÖ said...

hail eris!

hey Winston, you were in my dream!

wonder if you remember our meeting in antwerp

with a little help from some friends we're beginning to see the gloom

hope you like it

greetings,

frank

+xÕx+

Winston Smith said...

All hail Discordia,

now that's a nice synchronicity.
I do appreciate your little gospel (as long as it is dedicated to Discordia).

I'm not the Winston Smith you remember, so I'm not too sure it was really "me" in your dream. Most dreams are richly casted, so I might have appeared as an unnoticed extra.

I don't remember appearing in your dream, though, I should as we live in timezone nearly 12 hours apart.