Sunday, May 12, 2013

In the mood

"Bugger off!" snarled the security guard of the Reserve Bank of Australia (RBA), as I just finished my chalking. "I'm done. I don't think you have the authority to tell me to leave, but I comply."

I came back after a minute, as I didn't have a shot yet.

At that point, a second security guard stood also outside the door. I tried to convince them that I didn't commit an act of vandalism, that their employer was legally foreclosed, with only little success. "Don't do this again! You're on camera, and it goes straight to the Federal Police." I was still not impressed, but happy that the tone of conversation was relatively friendly. "You have done this before, don't you?" 

I realised that persistence works out fine, though attracts attention. From a publicity point of view, tonight was a failure - not many people pass through this area in the late evening. It seems though that at least some people within the foreclosed organisation take notice, and that they don't like being reminded at the legal status quo.

"At least you didn't use paint." I mentioned that it might rain very soon, which would make cleaning the pavement obsolete, yet the strategy seems to be to remove 'dangerous messages' straight away.

"I have to clean this up", he complained, pointed to his comrade, "he makes me do it." I excused myself for causing a stir in their routine. "I have to do work because of you. I didn't come to work to do work." 


No comments: