Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Finalised Matters

I've been to the Magistrate's Court several times now, yet never before encountered such a long queue to get inside. Armed with some paper work, I made it inside, just to find out that my case wasn't listed.

I heard also that there is no case listed for next week, so the at least the prosecutor kept this part of the promise. Later today, I received the letter confirming that I don't need to appear again. It's dated two days later than the adjournment letter I received last week, kind of amazing how long delivery within the same city can take.


So at least this episode of living in a police state worked out positive at the hand. Not only didn't I have to pay any fines, I guess at least Melbourne Bike Patrol will leave me alone when I'm unicycling. To quote my prosecutor: These matters are now finalised.

No comments: